Monday, December 27, 2010

Dining Room

There are a few rooms I have not shown you. I stopped hiding my kitchen from you and showed you it in all it's uglyness (somewhat functional ugliness). Next up - our Dining Room. By the power of blogging you can nicely omit messy, dirty and unfinished rooms which is why it has never popped up on our blog..until now. So, wanna see it?

320

It is a white box o-nothing. All I have in it is my parents Dining Room table that they gifted us after redecorating their house. I love the dining room table, partially because it was the dining room table that we grew up with.  I feel as though updating the chairs would be a great way of updating this set. What about the rest of the room? I'd love a dining room that felt like this...

carol_reed_dr_thumb[3]

Not a fan of the chandelier, but the detailing on the wall, the colours for the room all stand out. I feel as though adding some wall detail like that in the photo above would make this room pop. So, here is what I think we'd need to do in order to complete this room. (1) Change wall colour (2) Add detailing to the wall like in the inspirational photo (3) New Chandelier and (4) New Chairs. Not sure if we will do this as come spring time I'll likely get back on my "new window" kick. But it's fun to dream!

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...