Friday, December 31, 2010

For all those that love to clean...

One thing about me is that I'm a sucker for cleaning gizmos. I  love hearing peoples cleaning tricks, and love tyring new cleaning supplies.  A friend in the neighbourhood was telling me she rents a carpet cleaning machine for $30 from Canadian Tire for 24 hours and she cleans her carpets and upholstery. I stopped in my tracks. $30? A carpet cleaner? It was like I had won the lottery.



Helloooo Gorgeous!
  
I said should she ever want to rent it again, to let me know and I'd split the cost. The next day she dropped off the rented cleaner ($15 from me, $15 from her) and I got to play with this awesome thing I had just found out existed.

 She showed me how to use it, as well as brought over some Oxy Clean from her house, as she had also talked about how awesome it was.  (1) Is the carpet cleaner (2) Jug of warm water (I used 3 jugs) and (3) Some of the Oxy Clean mixed into the water

 You put the water in the machine and go to town. The vacuum head part sprays out the water and sucks at the same time as you pull on a lever. Let go of the lever and it just sucks, so you can go back over damp areas.

Ok, so I failed at taking action shots. It would have been messy. But pretend you are vacuuming. That's exactly how this thing works.

And now here is a picture I look for the "after" shot.

And look at what came out of our bedroom carpet!!!  Uck. Sooo gross. And I vacuum one a week, if not more. I consider our bedroom super clean, so to see this shocked me.

Although it is hard to tell, our carpet in our bedroom is almost feeling brand new. Aubrey came home and could tell the difference. And coming to bed tonight, well, I felt a little like the whole room was new because of an awesome carpet cleaning.

Even though it's inexpensive to rent, she mentioned I shouldn't do a carpet cleaning more than once a year really as it can damage the carpet. I guess it's like Christmas...Wait patiently for the one day a year! ;)

Ps., I also washed the glider in our nursery, the carpet in the nursery, area rugs on the first floor....I would have washed the cat would she have allowed me! (Kidding)

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...