Sunday, February 19, 2012

lifting the curtain on the new brocante season HOORAH!!




The first fair of the season this morning , (well almost, I could have gone to one last week but it was -15°, and the fair was outside so ... no ... I didn't think so).

This morning I was out before dawn.  Not many photos to show you I'm afraid, mostly because I didn't have my camera with me when I got up at 5 .   Why no camera? ...   Because it was raining!  the sort of ultra fine, misty, trickling-down-your-neck sort of rain that  cameras are allergic to.



So a few quick pics of the goodies I came home with, just to warm us up for the coming season. It wasn't a huge haul, and strangely monochromatic, but it sufficed to  make me happy.  

See what you think ....





An old cup commemorating Napoleon's Egyptian campaign. 




A sweet little water edge landscape




A very badly damaged, but amusing view of the Champs Elysees, as I have never seen them!



 Some bistrot brulot, I like these more and more and buy them whenever I have the chance



Some pretty coupelles for candle holders, a ton of ventouses for individual flower heads
 and a lovely old piece of toile de Jouy.





 and finally
rather a nice old perfume box, by  Jean Patou





Voila!  .... My son has just looked over my shoulder and said "they don't want to see all that stuff Mummy!".

If he is right, I apologise, if he is wrong then thank you for reading down to the end!


And finally, don't forget that if you would like to treasure hunt here in September, there are still a few places left on the brocante tour that I will be hosting for Tea Garden Travel.  For details click here!


Bon weekend!


PS.  It's a busy weekend so there's no way any of this stuff will be listed in the store before next week.  If something catches your eye, don't hesitate to email me and I'll give you the details.  Thank you!



0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...