Thursday, February 23, 2012

the piano in a french kitchen



I must have grown up some because I am beginning to realise how dangerous it can be to assume.  You see I always assumed I would one day play the piano   ...  the musical piano of course, but also the culinary piano.



'Le Piano' the crown to any self respecting kitchen, hub of the homestead, pride of the family  in all its shining glory.




Strangely these assumptions haven't been realised, and of course I have survived.  I can tinkle out a little tune on the musical piano in our dining room, and I have cooked huge meals for years quite happily on a regular hob and separate ovens, but in a dark, seldom revealed, corner of my heart there is still a little hankering going on!




It's not only the allure of the sleek steel, and shiny enamel, nor even the brass knobs and buttons.  It's also the huge oven space and the challenge of learning how to tame the beast!  




So to console myself and to inspire you to hanker too, here are a few of my favourite piano pics....and a question - please tell me .....

what did you always assume you would achieve or possess one day that simply hasn't come to pass?








0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...