Thursday, February 16, 2012

Basket Makeover



I have a serious love for basket style handbags. I hardly ever find the ones that I like, at the price I am willing to pay at the retail stores. So what do I do?
I find baskets at thrift stores and embellish them however I like.

The hard part is finding the baskets that are in really good condition with character.

Once I find some, there is no way that I can pass them up, I have to have them!

This basket has a lot of potential; let's see how I do...


Isn't she a cutie? I love the shape, and how the handles are flexible.
After thinking it over(and over and over) I finally started working on it.

First I added leather to the handles...


Then, I used a handkerchief I had, for lining. Folded the sides and added a couple buttons...


I was pretty happy with the results so far, then as usual I got stuck with decision making...

Silky brown flower corsage?


or, a cotton flower corsage?


I guess I don't have to pick only one, since they are removable, I can switch them up and have fun! Which one is your favorite?






By the way, I was asked to do a review for Olive Garden, and the post is coming up next week (did I mention a giveaway for my Tea Rose Home readers?!). I can't wait to share my experience trying out their 3 course dinner for $12.95 promotion! :)

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...