Sunday, February 19, 2012

Beadboard Postcard

I made several of my beadboard signs for a woman in California recently, and she threw a challenge my way.  She wanted to know if I could paint the design from my Postcard Table

postcard table 012

…onto beadboard as well.  For me, smaller designs are much more difficult to reproduce neatly.  I think my hand gets shakier the more exact I try to be!

I think this one turned out well, though.  The final “sign” was 18” wide by 11” tall, in order to keep the proportions correct.  I gave the beadboard a heavily distressed, crackle-y finish, and glazed it in three colors to give the appearance of much weathering.

signs 001

It was a fun challenge!

signs 002

Hmmm…I wonder how the French Chocolate table would translate to beadboard??

*********************************
Linking up here:
Coastal Charm’s Nifty Thrifty Tuesday Elizabeth & Co.
Friday Remodelaholic 2805
Funky Junk’s Saturday Night Special The Graphics Fairy
Primitive & Proper  
Beyond the Picket Fence’s Under $100 Party My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Perfectly Imperfect {Primp}
  My Repurposed Life
  It’s So Very Cheri
Common Ground  

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...