Monday, April 12, 2010

Ruffled Shirt ~Vintage Dress Repurpose~


Note: I have a special surprize at the end of this post, it is somethig to do with the fabric I used...hint hint hint ;)

In the last few posts, I wrote about the vintage dress I found at a thrift store and the things I made out of it.


I still had more fabric left, so I decided to make a top for the upcoming season. I just finished it...


The close up...


I used a pattern from Simplicity(2415), but I changed a few things here and there to make it mine. I made thin strips of ribbon to use as a belt. Also, I couldn't resist to add a feminine touch by adding ruffles in front. I LOVE how it turned out!

I can think of so many different ways to wear this shirt. For example, with some denim...


or, capris and other bottoms, but I think my favorite outfit will be with a white skirt...


accompanied by my favorite white straw hat...


I have a little surprize for you all... The skirt of the vintage dress was made from 4 panels of fabric. Now I am down to 1 panel. Since I had so much fun with this fabric, I thought you would too. I am doing a fabric giveaway!


The rules are simple:

1. Leave a comment on this post (you will get one entry)

2. Become follower of my blog and show me your beautiful face on my side bar (second entry)

3. Blog about this giveaway on your blog and link back (third entry)

I will announce the winner on the night of Friday the 16th. What would you make if you win the fabric? A scarf? A bunch of flowers? The possibilities are endless.
I am really excited about this giveaway, I hope you are too. Have a nice week everyone!

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...