Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Best Antiquing!

As you know, Mary from A Breathe of Fresh Air and Jane from Blondie's Journal were visiting Asheville these last few days.  Penny from Lake Lure Cottage Kitchen and I met up with them for lunch.
Jane, Mary, Penny and me.

After lunch Jane and her husband had other plans, but Mary, Penny and I went shopping at the Screen Door.  Some of my blog friends will remember shopping there with me a few years ago when I held a blogger brunch.  I think it was a favorite stop for a lot of you.  Here is why.....

As soon as you walk in the door, you know you are in for something special.  I love the Ikat pillows on the old metal chippy porch chairs!


The Screen Door has some great industrial chic items.


This French Bread box wanted to come home with both me and The Other Penny.  Alas, I have no room and Penny is saving her pennies for her upcoming trip to France.


Sweet statuary.


Great bistro chair.


Mary on the left and Penny discussing France.

Santos....

I had so much fun with everyone!  It was a great day, though Mary, Penny and I got caught in a huge rainstorm that actually flooded some of the streets.  Penny and I manage to dash into the Screen Door just as it was starting.  Mary arrived a few minutes later and got quite wet.  

We definitely did not let some liquid sunshine dampen our day!
Welcome Home,
Penny

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...