Saturday, May 19, 2012

my tiny new showroom




This has been a busy week.   I have had my hands full transforming a small storeroom in to  a very small showroom!





Guests here often ask to see my linens, or books or china that is available in the store.  And up to now I have had to rush around the house, retrieving stuff from various hiding places, but this year, with so many guests expected, I decided to centralise everything and create a space where I could show my brocante pieces more easily.





Up to last week, this room was a very useful storeroom, so I maintained a wall of shallow shelving for things I really needed to keep to hand.  To disguise the shelves I hung linen curtains from the ceiling and stood an old armoire in front.  That way I have easy access, but there is no distraction in the room.







It's a good  exercise to sort and reposition, there are often nice suprises.  Like  having to find a way to carry these little terrines; it wasn't until I lined them in the shallow wooden box that I realised how good they looked together.





For once, sorting and organising proved to be more fun than I expected!


0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...