Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Lawrence Amélie - a shabby chic french artist






I recently discovered the artwork of Lawrence Amélie, a French artist who earned extra attention when her paintings appeared on the cover of Rachel Ashwell's latest book.




I adore her work, it is modern, feminine, colourful without being gaudy.  Her style fits perfectly into a shabby chic, comfortable style of living.

Her paintings are presented unframed, something I often prefer.  Her themes are flowers, colour and often tutus.  I certainly understand why she and Rachel Ashwell make such a great match!



 She describes her style as 'anarchic nature" 
" ....  I paint that which moves me, flowers growing haphazard, bucolic nature, its poetic disorder, and tutus abandoned in a disparate fashion"





 Laurence writes an amusing blog from the point of view of her cats




You can check more of her work out here, and apparently she will be putting some new pieces up for sale on the site in September - I shall be checking that one out!





0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...