Sunday, May 29, 2011

The color of butterfly wings

It is a very gray May day here in Utah.

In fact, we haven't had a lot of spring weather here at all so far this year (a few lovely days here and there). I try to make it a point not to complain about rain, or cold, or snow even, because I dislike being HOT most of all! But I will admit that today, at least, I am a little tired of gray.

So I decided to give the antique window in my kitchen a little spring treatment! (You can see what it looked like last here).

Yesterday I bought this amazing pad of double-sided paper at Hobby Lobby. I used my 40%-off coupon, so it only cost $6...and I used less than 3 1/2 sheets for this project.


I used my Silhouette to cut out many different sizes of butterflies. The double-sided paper meant I really had eight different patterns for my butterflies.




Some butterflies are pretty florals, and others look like pages out of an old book.


Some butterflies didn't quite make it to the window yet...

Or maybe are just past...




It's a little breath of spring in my kitchen!

Oh, and the title of this post? It comes from one of my very favorite Primary songs:

My Heavenly Father Loves Me
Clara W. McMaster

Whenever I hear the song of a bird
Or look at the blue, blue sky
Whenever I feel the rain on my face
Or the wind as it rushes by;
Whenever I touch a velvet rose
Or walk by a lilac tree
I'm glad that I live in this beautiful world
Heavenly Father created for me.

He gave me my eyes that I might see
The color of butterfly wings.
He gave me my ears that I might hear
The magical sound of things.
He gave me my life, my mind, my heart:
I think him rev'rently
For all his creations of which I'm a part
Yes, I know Heavenly Father loves me.




I hope there is spring in your heart today!




 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/

topsy turvy tuesdays



0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...