Monday, May 23, 2011

Reverse Anthropologie Dresser

I thought about giving this post the title:

And now...for something completely different

My last furniture re-do was of a more soft, pretty, romantic style...but woman cannot live by pleats alone!

So for this piece, I took my inspiration from the Anthropologie Ordinal Dresser but reversed the color scheme!

Here's what I started with:


It was a good solid wood dresser, and only needed a couple of little patches, as you can see above. But the finish was in terrible shape.


I gave everything a light sanding, and then used my Silhouette to cut the numbers and letters out of vinyl, which I applied directly to the drawers. Then I painted right over them! I carefully lifted the numbers off while the paint was still wet, letting the original wood show through.

At this point, it really didn't look too good.
It needed to be distressed.
It wanted to be distressed.

(yes, furniture talks to me...often)


Looking better...

And better...





So, do you think I understood it correctly??

This dresser has sold (although I heard it say it would have been happy to stay with me).
***********************************************

Thanks to the following blogs for featuring my dresser!

Apartment Therapy





Visit thecsiproject.com

*************************************************



Linking up to these great parties!

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...