Monday, May 30, 2011

Sunshine in my soul today

The weather hasn't changed a bit here today. In fact, we woke up to snow on our cars this morning! (I live in UTAH, not Alaska!) It has been a cold, wet, gray day. But...look what's blooming in my front yard!




The first of my many iris have bloomed. In a week or two, my front yard will be beautiful with all shades of purple, blue, and yellow flowers. Iris make me happy; they remind me of my dad. So no matter what the weather...there is a little sunshine in my soul today!

And I would like to share a little sunshine with YOU! I noticed yesterday that I now have over 300 followers. THANK YOU to all of you who give me support, encouragement, and praise for my little projects. In appreciation, I would like to send one of you a little "You Are My Sunshine" canvas that I finished today.

Do you remember my BIG Sunshine canvas(es)?

(see them here and here)

...well, I'm sorry; you don't get one of those! But I did make an abbreviated version.



You get to make a choice. Both canvases are 11" x 14", and are soft yellow (probably not quite as bright as they look on your screen) with off-white lettering.

Canvas #1 is lightly distressed (color is better in this example)

Canvas #2 is lightly distressed and glazed--that is, it looks a little older.

#1 is on the left; #2 is on the right.

Would you like one? The only "mandatory" entry is to tell me which one you would like, AND I would love it if you would also tell me something that makes sunshine in your soul!

If you would like a second entry, leave a second comment telling me that you are a follower. After all, this giveaway is for YOU!

I will choose a random winner on Sunday, June 5. (Edited to add: this giveaway has ended.)

As a side note, if you like to cut vinyl on your Silhouette or Cricut, I found a less-expensive alternative to transfer tape!


I found this roll of "Clear Cover" at Hobby Lobby a couple of days ago. It's meant to be used for book covers, but it said it was re-positionable and clear, and it was only FOUR DOLLARS for a huge roll! For that price, I decided it was worth trying. Well, I am happy to report it works great! Hope that helps someone else out. :-)

Linking up here!
and


0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...