Thursday, May 26, 2011

Kitchen Countertop Redo

A little while back I told you were were changing our counter top and sink. 

Here is the before....


The counter top was two tiered and was a wasted space.  The Corian sink was chipped and stained.  The faucet leaked.  The appliance garage in the back corner took up a lot of the small amount of counter I had.

Here is the after.  With the all one level granite counter, the appliance garage removed, a single bowl deep dish stainless sink and new faucet.   Our tile guy did a great job adding the extra tiles to the back splash where we extended the counter and removed the appliance garage.




I love the way it turned out.  Of course with the lower counter, our bar stools had to be cut down to counter height. 

And as you know I decided to paint them and recover the cushions.  They will be finished tomorrow and I will post about them this weekend.  Here is a sneak peak so far...3 coats of Maison Blanche by Sherwin Williams.  Today I will distress them a little and add glaze.


p.s. I have had a hard time leaving comments through Google for the last two days...  I see that some of you have too.  I cleared my cookies and it did the trick, so I will try to catch up with all of you soon.
Welcome Home,
Penny

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...