Friday, May 27, 2011

Looking For Something New to Grill?

I am trying to find new things to cook on the grill, other than steak, burgers or ribs.

Recently while eating lunch in Asheville at Bistro 1896 with Jane from Blondie's Journal, I ordered a Blackened Grouper Taco.  It tasted wonderful, so I recreated it at home.

Here is my version.


I made mango salsa and
I coated the grouper with Chef Paul Prudhomme's Blackened Redfish Magic. 

We used a perforated grill pan on our gas grill.  We sprayed the grill pan with Pam.   It took about 8 minutes to cook on medium.

Serve it on a warm tortilla with sour cream and fresh cilantro.

Mango Salsa Recipe
Peel and dice a ripe mango, add a teaspoon of honey, the juice of 1/2 fresh lime, 1 Tablespoon minced red onion, 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced, 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro chopped, pinch of kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste.  Mix well and let sit for an hour at room temperature.

Yummy and healthy too!
Welcome Home,
Penny
p.s. the bar stools are finished but it rained all day today and I could not get a good picture.  The sun will be out tomorrow and  I will post about them then.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...