Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The lure of ORB

You don't have to hang around decorating blogs very long before you come across references to ORB: oil-rubbed bronze spray paint. It receives much laud and admiration--so I had to try it out myself! This was my first experiment (I used Krylon brand).



Here are two lamps I found for $6 each at a now-defunct thrift store!



Gotta love all that brassy goodness.



I used the spray paint on the bases, harps, and finials. I covered the sockets with Saran wrap and painter's tape.



Oooh, it totally lived up to my expectations!





I gave serious thought to keeping these for my bedroom, but in the end I went with glass lamps. These, however, helped to pay for the glass lamps!



Birthday Wedding cakes crafts parties


0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...