Tuesday, August 10, 2010

It was Miss Mustard...in the library...with a dropcloth...

Sorry, but every time I think of Miss Mustard Seed, I have Clue flashbacks! But seriously, if you haven't seen her blog, you're missing out. She's amazing.

I jumped on the dropcloth bandwagon a couple of months ago, when I made my bedroom curtains. Later on I used a dropcloth to do a very simple reupholstery job for a very large ottoman for a friend. But really, you haven't seen dropcloths until you've seen these!

Thanks to Miss M's inspiration, I decided to use my scraps (and I had just enough) to make a little slipcover for an old stool. I have a friend who wants a "French farmhouse" look, and I thought this would make a fun addition to her decorating!

I used painter's tape to mark out the stripes...

And I used my Cricut to make cardstock stencils for the numbers...

And I used my finger to do the painting. Hey, it's handy, and it's eminently washable!

I know it's kind of an odd little project, but I like it!




The DIY Show Off

Furniture Feature Fridays

Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...