Monday, August 9, 2010

Classic black end table

I found this end table at Deseret Industries a little while ago. I was attracted by its six pulls, which are all attached to the same drawer. When I opened the door and saw that it was a Broyhill table, I was sold. It was sturdy and heavy but the finish was flaking and dated (naturally).



This little table kind of got pushed to the back of the pile, but I was in the mood for a (hopefully) simpler project after the headache my second farmhouse table has been causing me (I will post about that one soon). Then I saw two end tables The Frosted Gardner finished recently (here and here), and I decided this one needed to be black as well!

I painted it with Rustoleum's Flat Black. It doesn't seem to get as gummy as some other brands, which is good for my Critter siphon gun. I distressed the edges a little to show off the pretty details. I love the base and the legs on this table.

I used the original knobs, but painted them with Krylon's Oil-rubbed bronze spray paint.

I gave it a couple of coats of Minwax Hand-rubbed polyurethane to finish.

Did I mention this was a heavy table?? It was a trick to carry it into the house from the garage! I had to get my 13-year-old to help me put it down!

I think it likes me--but I have NO place to put it! Hoping it will find a good home soon!

The DIY Show Off
Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special
/>

Birthday Wedding cakes crafts parties

Furniture Feature Fridays




0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...