Thursday, October 21, 2010

Tutorial ~ Fall & Winter Earrings ~


A few posts ago, I shared a couple pictures of jewelery that I made, and several people wanted to know how I did it.

Well, I am not a pro at this, I just wanted to make something for myself to wear and started playing with beads a couple years ago. Eventhough my first love is sewing, I very much enjoy jewelry making too. I don't know all the correct names for all the parts, and I don't know if I can explain how I did it either. But, I will do my best.

I have been wanting to make some earrings for the fall. When we took the family trip last week, I saw a few pretty brown acorns on branches in the canyon. That inspire me to make these.

{You will need}---for one set of earrings


some head pins, and eye pins
2 earring wires
4 bead caps
2 large pearls
2 medium pearls
2 fire-polished crystals
8 small pearls(4 light color/ 4 dark color)
For the tools... you will need roundnose pliers and a wire cutter.


{How to}

1. On a head pin, string bead caps and large pearl. Bend the wire, cut the wire about 3/8" and using roundnose pliers, make the loop.

2. Using the same method on step 1, make all the parts necessary.


3. Connect the large pearl with the bead caps, fire-polished crystal, and medium pearl. Attach the small pearls between the bigger beads. Use the pictures as a guide.


4. Time to enjoy!



I am working on some more jewelry, once I spread everything out, lots of design ideas flooded my mind. It is so fun to coordinate different beads and parts to create something totally different from each other.

In November, I am planning the "Thanksgiving Giveaway" again this year. One of the jewely might be one of the giveaway items... :) What do you think?

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...