Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Backyard Makeover

They other day I showed you a picture of a big machine in our backyard, digging up paths.

So here is how the backyard makeover has progressed so far.

Before

Below, you can see some paths and "rooms" created before the stone was laid.


Below, you can see where the pea gravel has been place in the paths and the "rooms".


In the picture below, we the flagstone has been layed in the "dining" room, and the furniture has been placed.  You can also see the twig chairs around a fire pit in the "living" room.


A closer picture of the flagstone, below.

We want to build a pergola around the dining/kitchen area below.  To the left of the table where there is gravel, but not flagstone that will be where the grill/cooking area will be.

This is an inspiration picture below.  Though I would love to have a fireplace, our fire pit will have to do.  And our pergola, will not be nearly as fancy, I'm sure.


But with sunsets like this one that I took pictures of last night from our backyard, I am sure the pergola we build will be just beautiful!



We also will be doing landscaping, weed killing mulch spreading and grass seed spreading between now and next summer.  And I am sure a lot of dreaming during the snowy winter.

I love to dream....don't you?  Do you have a fall or winter project, indoor or out that you are dreaming about?  I would love to know all about it!
I am linking this post with Susan at Met Monday.
Welcome Home,
Penny


0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...