Monday, December 19, 2011

Favorite Garden Photos of 2011

There's much to enjoy (and learn) from reviewing garden photos. Here are a few of my favorites from 2011 that I love for the colors. Some photos were taken near while others far away. Click the photos to view in a slideshow lightbox.

Hemaris thysbe (hummingbird moth)
visits the liatris ligulistylus in my meadow garden.

Zinnias in my cottage garden.
Fiery colors at Dole® Plantation in Hawaii.
Luxembourg Gardens in Paris, France.
Leopard's Bane in a garden in Paris, France.
Pink prevails in my deer resistant
meadow garden in June.
Rich red monarda 'Jacob Cline' in my east garden.
Blue nigella and pink autumn sage
in my cottage garden.
Battery Park in New York City.
In a North Carolina public garden.
Bright colors in my
meadow garden.
Stipa (grass) and spirea (shrubs) in
my front deer resistant  garden.
Ring around my sundial
in my cottage garden.
Agastache, flax and salvaia
in my deer resistant meadow garden.
Larkspur and rose campion
in my cottage garden.


Words and photos by Freda Cameron, Defining Your Home, Garden and Travel. Deer and rabbit resistance varies based upon the animal population and availability of food. All company or product or patented names mentioned are registered trademarks, copyrights, or patents owned by those respective companies or persons.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...