Saturday, December 31, 2011

Year in Review

I haven’t been on the computer too much this last week.   First there was Christmas, then a niece’s wedding, then a Montana trip to visit my parents (and take down Mom’s Christmas decorations!)…anyway, not a lot of time for blogging!

But while the New Year’s Eve movie-of-choice is on (Unknown with Liam Neeson), I thought I’d follow a blogging tradition and pick a favorite project from each month to share

Hope you enjoy the journey!

January

The cabinet at the top of the stairs got a much-needed facelift!  (However, it got replaced in favor of something with a little more pizzazz in September, but I enjoyed the change until then!)

image

 

February

A friend and I threw a baby shower for a neighbor!  It was fun to decorate with ‘boy’ things.

image

March

My love of red came out in this cute numbered chest of drawers.

image

 

April

I shared how to replace a cane seat on a chair with kitchen utensils.

image

May

I knocked off an Anthropologie dresser, but in reverse!

image

June

Without a doubt, my most popular project EVER has been my French Chocolate table!  That’s OK, because it’s one of my favorites too!  It even inspired my to sell my sectional and buy a couch so I could keep it.

image

July

I was on a bit of a coffee table kick for a while!  This postcard table is another favorite; my little sister claimed this one!

image

 

August

I experimented with a little “Steampunk” in August.  I used old water valve handles as drawer knobs on this chest of drawers (it was claimed by another sister)!

image

 

September

I experimented with DIY chalk paint in September.

image

 

October

I dressed up the entrance to my home with vintage suitcase shelves.

image

And I’ll cheat a little in October, because there are two more projects that I just loved…

my Ballard Designs theater room knock-offs

image

and the TV armoire I converted to a sewing armoire.

image

November

I “discovered” a simple way to do image transfers using a home printer and an overhead transparency sheet.

image

December

And just two weeks before Christmas, I refinished my kitchen counter tops using a Giani Granite painting kit!

image

***************************

Thank you for all the support, kind comments, and helpful suggestions you have offered over the past year!  I feel very lucky in my community of Internet friends.  You inspire me and motivate me.

I hope the New Year will be a fun and productive one for all of us!

***********************************

image

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...