Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Table

For the past three years, I have been part of a “Dinner Group.”  Twelve women get together for a pot-luck supper on the 3rd Wednesday of each month, rotating so each gets the chance to play hostess.

Last night, it was my turn!

It’s not too fancy, but I thought I’d show you my holiday table.

Someday I hope to have a beautiful farmhouse table and lots of pretty dishes…(or maybe not…I don’t look forward to figuring out how to store them)…

Table 001-1

…but for now my every day dishes, cups, and silverware work just fine. They just get dressed up a little for Christmas!  I used miniature glittery Christmas balls for napkin rings.  I have NEVER used napkin rings before!  This is super fancy for me!

Table 003

My “12 Days of Christmas” tablecloth and napkins (purchased after Christmas several years ago) get pressed into service often during the holidays because I love them so much(mostly I ignore niceties like tablecloths).  I dressed up the center of the table with ribbons running the length of the table, and a gathered strip of tulle in the middle.

Table 005

One of my lovely poinsettias that I showed here was dying (no, I don’t know what I did to it), so I clipped off the good blooms and placed them in a few old bottles.  If you don’t know the trick to preserving poinsettia blooms, here it is:  you have to burn the ends of the stems right after cutting.  Who knew? 

Table 002

Then I added a few glittery Christmas ornaments and lots of snowflakes and stars around everything.

Table 004

It was strangely satisfying to set a pretty table!  Maybe I’ll be hooked now!

Don’t count on it.

*******************************************

Don’t forget to enter the Giani Granite Giveaway!  Ends 12/26.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...