Saturday, December 17, 2011

Holiday Table

We are having friends over for spaghetti and meatballs tonight.  The sauce has been simmering all day and the house smells wonderful!

I decided to set the kitchen table for dinner instead of the formal dining table.  After all we are having spaghetti dinner with good friends and a casual atmosphere is what I am looking for.

The white with red striped linen runners are from a small boutique in Savannah.  The wicker chargers are from World Market.  The checked napkins are from a local store called Rabbit and Company. The red and white bird plates are from Pier One.  The red goblets are from Target.

I have had the iron birds for over 10 years.  They originally were a chippy white, which looked perfect when I was going through my shabby chic phase.  Now that I decorate in the Country French style, they have been sprayed a bronze color and dry brushed with a little black paint to mimic patina.

I love setting the table during the holidays, don't you?
Linking to:
A Stroll Through Life Table Top Tuesday
Welcome Home,
Penny

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...