Monday, November 1, 2010

Library Table

Yes, it's true...I cheated on my furniture diet yet again. I was browsing through Deseret Industries (Utah's own "Goodwill") last week, and I happened upon THIS:

Seriously, what's a girl to do?? I love the look of old library tables...it had to come home with me.

One of the drawers even has a lock! There is no key, but...it's CUTE!


A year ago, when we got rid of my husband's monstrosity of a desk, I looked everywhere for one of these...not luck. Eventually he bought a used IKEA Gallant desk for our basement family room. I cherished the hope that once this one was refinished, he would let me swap his IKEA desk for this one.

No such luck!!
**That man does not understand the concept of "furniture fate"!**
(sob!)


I refinished this desk in my favorite Sherwin Williams Creamy white with a walnut-stained top. (That may have something to do with the fact that I am had half a gallon of paint on hand.)


I kept the original knobs, but stained them darker as well. It gives it more of a "furniture" kind of look, I think...less desk-ish.


I distressed the edges and then glazed the bottom with stain. I used it pretty heavily on the corners and edges where I did the most distressing.


I'm sorry these aren't very pretty pictures. It would not be an easy piece to move into the house!

Goodbye, dear desk...you will be missed!

What about you? Do you understand the concept of "furniture fate"??





HookingupwithHoH



A Little Knick Knack
Furniture Feature FridaysFunky Junk's Sat Nite Special

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...