Saturday, November 13, 2010

Numbered bar stools





I found these two wood-and-metal barstools at Deseret Industries months ago. It's a well-established fact that I have a thing for barstools...which is silly, since I own exactly ONE, and it's not a work of art.



They were painted dark green from top to bottom, and it was darn near impossible to sand the paint off of the metal legs!





So I resorted to stripper...





Don't you love how the top gets all moldy looking??





I was in for a surprise when I started scraping paint.



For underneath the green, there was brown.

Underneath the brown, there was red.

Underneath the red...well, there was finally metal.



I sanded down to bare wood on the seats, but I never did completely get down to bare metal on those legs...even after multiple applications of stripper. But I did get down far enough (and smooth enough) to paint again.



So, after Rustoleum primer and black spray paint for the legs, and a little Minwax English Chestnut stain on the tops, here they are today:





I used my Cricut to cut cardstock stencils for the numbers. I squared the stencils up with the grain of the wood, but when I replaced the seats on the bases, I discovered that the grain wasn't squared up with the legs! That bothers me a little...but I am telling myself that for a "funky junk" style, it's OK.











Do I believe myself? That remains to be seen!





HookingupwithHoH
Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special



Birthday Wedding cakes crafts parties




Furniture Feature Fridays


<


MuralMaker and More

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...