Tuesday, July 31, 2012

the adventures of young ghetto






Ghetto's life is just one long adventure - his days are quite exhausting.



Being rather a undisciplined  bold dog, he always has to be where the action is, and hates to think he may be missing out on something.  I have developed the habit of checking around my feet before closing the car door, because nine times out of ten, he'll have jumped in behind me

Gibson in true Golden Retriever style, is fairly respectful of house rules here.   Ghetto says he's never heard of rules, be they house or any other.



Which is why yesterday morning I was woken by something warm and wet on my neck, you guessed it. Ghetto had come upstairs, pushed open my bedroom door and decided it was time for everyone to be up and about.  My reaction was to groan and roll over which brought me nose to nose with Gibson.  The look in his eyes said "I do know I'm not meant to be here, but it was his idea, and I thought you might be pleased to see us both after all ... maybe?"

SIGH ....

So they got me out of bed early, which was not such a bad thing, they were fed and sent into the garden, but before long Ghetto was barking.

 I went outside to investigate and found him nose to bristle with a hedgehog.  I put him away once, but he went straight back and started kicking up a fuss again.  So the start to my day was yet further delayed, as - still in my jimjams -  I had to don gardening gloves and wellington boots, and crawl beneath a hedge to grab the hedgehog, then open our gate and cross the road to put him safe from wire-haired dogs.  I so hope nobody saw me !




In the afternoon, no doubt worried he might get bored, Ghetto managed to get himself shut inside the guest house, from where he tried to escape via ... the bedroom window!  
Can you see?    he even ventured out on to the roof and dislodged a tile AAARGH!




Hmmm.... life is going to feel pretty quiet around here, the day Ghetto goes back down to Nice!






Oh and by the way ..... August is going to be a month of giveaways on this little blog - one every Wednesday.  I already have three stunning gifts to be won, but there are five wednesdays in August!  If you have a really cool product that you would like to promote via a giveaway here, just send me an email and I'll see if I can fit you in!




0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...