Monday, July 23, 2012

A Simple Fix! And Some Shopping

Yesterday I told you I needed to take my computer in for repair because my memory card reader quit working.  I expected to be without a computer for some time.  

I was amazed how simple the solution was and I will tell and show you at the bottom of this post.  

First I want to show you the pictures that were on my memory card that I wanted to share with you.

The other day, after I left my booth at Needful Things antique mall in Hendersonville, I decided to spend some time strolling around downtown.

Hendersonville has some of the prettiest landscaping.  The hanging baskets are amazing.


The main street is full of beautiful shade trees.


Hendersonville is also a WiFi city, so there are plenty of tables and chairs to sit at downtown and check your email, blog or even do some work on your computer for free.

While downtown, I went into a few of the other antique malls.  In one I spied this huge dough bowl.  I loved it, but it was a little too pricey for me.

OK, now onto the simplest computer fixed ever!  

I have a computer that has the hard drive built into the monitor.  It is all one piece. Below you can see the slot for the memory card reader that is built in.  

See that slot?  I would insert my memory card there to download my photos.  

We took my computer to Best Buy and walked up to the Geek Squad desk.  After explaining my problem, the Geek Squad guy, checked it out and discovered that my built in memory card reader had just worn out.   To replace it would mean sending my computer away and having it torn apart etc.  Not worth it.....way too much money.

But, the Geek Squad guy told me about a portable Memory Card Reader  that I could just plug into my USB port.  It cost $10.99


You can see it in the picture below, with one of my memory cards inserted.


I must have spent 20 hours researching failed memory card readers and uploaded and downloaded - reloaded and unloaded tons of things after reading suggestions online.  All that time, and all I needed was this simple inexpensive product.

I hope this helps any of you who have built in memory card readers that quit working.

By the way, the Geek Squad guy spent about a half an hour with us discovering the problem and didn't charge us a cent....

All is well that ends well.
Welcome Home,
Penny

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...