Sunday, October 23, 2011

October Pears




Last spring I decided to go all white with the items on our kitchen shelves. Over the years, I've seen many images of open shelves similarly adorned and have always thought it looked so crisp and clean. 

So we've enjoyed the all-white look through the summer and into autumn. As we are nearly into November, I just pulled out my brown transfer ware to freshen up the shelves for the Thanksgiving season. But before I do, I thought I'd do a quick post on the shelves as they've been for
 the last few months. 

The pear harvest is well underway in our valley, with thousands of trees heavy with sweet fruit dangling from their limbs. 

On the first day of Christmas,
 my true love sent to me
A partridge in a pear tree...

What? I guess a vision of sugarplums dancing snuck in there...


Sweet pears. 

Mike walked into the kitchen this afternoon and knew that a post was in development - our toaster, baby bottles, and other miscellaneous counter fixtures had found their way to the other 
side of the room. 

xo

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...