Sunday, October 16, 2011

An ORANGE door!

The time from inspiration to inception for this makeover was very short (for me). I got my October Better Homes & Gardens magazine on a Tuesday, I think, that showed an orange front door…and I loved it.

By Wednesday night I had my first coat of paint on the door!

Boring BEFORE

SewingArmoire 001

Awesome AFTER

orange door 007

I’ve wanted to paint my front door forEVER, but I never could settle on a color. This is “Maple Leaf” from Behr (I had it mixed in the Behr Ultra paint). I used about 1 1/2 sample pots (four coats)—less than $6 for the paint.

orange door 004

My children think it’s cool; my husband is tolerant. He keeps asking if I’m going to repaint it red and green for Christmas.

orange door 006

You know what? I just might!

No, not really.

But I like it!

What about you? Could you paint your front door orange?

*******************************************************

Linking up here.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...