Friday, June 17, 2011

The Reason for You to Stay(UP)



Have you noticed there have been so many pretty dresses out there for summer? I always loved dresses, to me they are comfortable, easy (you don't have to coordinate the top and the bottom) and instantly make you look feminine.

I guess one of the trends is the tube top maxi dress. I have seen many pretty prints so far. Although, I have a love and hate relationship with "tube" tops or dresses. The problem?

They don't stay up.

I don't know if it's just because I don't have enough volume around the area where it is needed. After having three kids and going through breast feeding for each child, they simply disappeared... that's ok, I am not bitter. I think my three munchkins are totally worth it.

Those of you who have no idea what I am talking about when I say "they don't stay up", here is the example.

I was at Wal-Mart one day happily shopping (wearing my tube top dress) I thought, "Boy, I keep stepping on my dress. It is hard to walk!"

I looked down, and the tube part was becoming a "tummy warmer".
Are you in shock? Well, don't worry, I always wear stuff like that with something underneath. There wasn’t a "Shocking" costume malfunction episode, but it was still embarrassing to pull the dress up and fix it. Rather annoying too!

I bought the dress you saw in the picture at the end of last summer at Old Navy for around $7. As I expected it was kept sliding down.

When there is a problem, there is a solution (hopefully most of the times). I decided to cut off a couple inches from the hem, and made shoulder straps for the dress. No more looking down to check if the dress is still in the right place, I love it!

Now, there is a reason for the dress to stay up. :)

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...