Friday, June 24, 2011

Like a Tea Tray

Twinkle, twinkle little bat

How I wonder what you’re at

Up above the world you fly

Like a tea tray in the sky…

I thought starting the morning with a little Alice in Wonderland quote might make your day go better!

I found this little piece at a garage sale. I don’t know for sure that it is an actual “tea tray,” but that’s all I can think of when I see those cute little wheels.

(edited to add: OK, from some of your comments, now I know it was a "rolling TV cart." Ugh, how UN-romantic! It's a tea cart now anyway!)

tea tray

I decided to try my hand at the harlequin pattern. I painted the whole piece white, and then I measured the length of the tray and divided it evenly into 8 sections. I “connected the dots” and taped off my diamonds (using a razor blade to cut the excess tape). Then I sprayed the whole piece with green, and peeled off my tape diamonds.

teatray 017

It looked pretty nice all freshly painted, but the colors were just too bright for me! So, after a lot of distressing and glaze…

tea cart

…I have something that looks a little worn with time and use.

Oh, but didn’t I call it a “tea tray”?

…Won’t you please join me for a summer snack?

tea cart

I’ll get out my best silver…

tea tray

I might find some napkins in the house (but probably not)…

teatray 023

Come play with me!

teatray 024

This piece will be available for sale at Bella’s Vintage Market at Wheeler Farms (Salt Lake City) on July 9! “Like” them on Facebook for $1 off admission.

This project was featured on Photobucket

Linking up to these great parties here.


0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...