Monday, June 27, 2011

Another Coffee (Table), Please

I have seen a couple of beautiful coffee tables pop in in blogland, inspired by my French Chocolate coffee table. I would love to highlight these in a post, so if you’re making one, be sure and send me a picture!

This project was featured on My Repurposed Life and Coastal Charm.

I am busy getting ready for Bella’s Vintage Market, and since I decided I was keeping the original coffee table, I decided to create another one (or two).

I loved the square shape and chunky legs of this table, to it had to come home with me.

book birdhouses 001

I found another perfect vintage French ad at The Graphics Fairy, and after a lot of sanding and another night on the floor, I was left with this:

Note: I didn't worry about getting a perfectly uniform surface. I wanted this to look like it was made over from an old crate or sign or something, so the imperfections in the finish are fine with me!

book birdhouses 005

What fun!

I think this particular ad makes even less sense in English.

I don’t care; it looks good!

I distressed the lettering, then stained the top with a two-layer approach of Minwax English Chestnut followed by Antique Walnut Stain. The bottom I painted in Behr Ultra Pillar White (at least, I’m pretty sure that’s what it was), and glazed it.

…and…Voila! (that’s French, right??)

French coffee table

French ad table

distressed French table

I also replaced the boring wooden knob with a pretty bin pull.

overhead projector table

I still like the chunky legs…how come we only say that about tables and babies??

distressed coffee table

What do you think?

French coffee table

This piece will be available for sale at Bella’s Vintage Market at Wheeler Farms (Salt Lake City) on July 9! “Like” them on Facebook for $1 off admission.

Linking up to these great parties here.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...