Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Cute skirts...with a "whoops!"

Someone posted a link to this Quick & Easy No-Hem Skirt a while back...and I knew I had to make some. I love looking at pretty fabrics, but I don't have the $60+++ to spend on a quilt! I figured this was a good way to get my "cute fabric fix" without breaking the bank!

Shopping at Hobby Lobby, I have been able to make two skirts for about $8. Can't beat that! These are the second set I have made, and I got a little creative and added the tulle ruffle at the bottom.

Here's my cute 3-year-old. She would wear skirts every day if she could!

She tells us her skirt is "dirty"--because it has cupcakes on it! Gotta love a toddler's sense of humor.


Yes, I know she's wearing shoes that don't fit. She calls them her "ballet shoes."

My 7-year-old also got a skirt. I saw a lady in the check-out line carrying this black owl fabric, and although I hadn't planned on shopping for fabric that day, my feet inexplicably led me in that direction...



Are you noticing my "whoops" yet? Well, I thought the owls were in a random, all-over type pattern.
They're not.

See it now?


Yep. The owls are all upside-down! Gah! Well, at least they're right-side up to my little girl when she sits down!

Yes, I could take it all apart and try again...but that seems to be too much work for a $4 skirt!


topsy turvy tuesdays


HookingupwithHoH


Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...