Thursday, March 24, 2011

Pottery-Barn-esque Side Table

I picked up this little side table at Deseret Industries a couple of weeks ago. It is solid wood, but the details on the front and back are what really caught my eye.


See?


I put my right-hand-boy to work sanding the top down to bare wood. I like my children to be useful as well as ornamental!


I pulled out the spray paint for this project...it was just handier. The bottom got coated in Rustoleum's Heirloom White. The top got multiple coats of stain and sealer...first I used Minwax English Chestnut, because although I wanted a darker top, I think walnut on pine wood goes kind of....flat. It's just bleeaaaahhhh! But if I use the English Chestnut first, it seems to warm up the color a little...then I put on a coat of walnut stain. For good measure, I then sealed it with Minwax Polyshades, also in Antique Walnut. It's still not my most-favorite product, but it has its uses, like on this table.

So it's better, right? But obviously it needs a little sumpin' to make those details pop...


...So I glazed it with the Polyshades. Never tried that before, but it worked great!

Look at me now!


Love how the top turned out!



I think it looks very Pottery-Barn-esque...what do you think?

Furniture Feature Fridays


Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special

The DIY Show Off

topsy turvy tuesdays

Savvy Southern Style

Domestically Speaking


 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/

Photobucket

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...