Sunday, March 27, 2011

Ravishing Red Chest of Drawers

Will I ever get tired of red? I don't think so. (Remember this other chest?) I neglected to take a picture of this chest of drawers before I painted it, but it was dark blue and VERY beat-up! I used my free sample pot of paint from Valspar (Heirloom Red) and repainted....

I didn't even begin to try to sand down or cover up the dings, scratches, and nicks that come about over time. Instead, I glazed it all with black paint, and then....magically...the once-upon-a-time "defects" just add character!


I didn't even use craft paint for glazing this time....because I couldn't find it! (Hazards of a home with six children.) Instead I just used some watered down flat-black paint. It worked just great. As you may remember from my side table project, I am all about using what's on hand!


The DIY Show Off

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...