Friday, June 25, 2010

Tutorial ~ Oh, So Easy Mouse Pad~


Just in case you are wondering, the last post didn't inspire me to do this tutorial, it is just a coincidence. I just noticed that both posts are about "mice", but this one is about a cute and useful mouse pad.

Our old computer was having issues, so we had to replace it. I wanted a new mouse pad, and decided to make one.

{you will need}

Two fabrics

Double-sided fusible ultra firm stabilizer (I found mine at Joann's. They were narrow, and pricey (7.99/yrd), so I only bought 1/4 yrd, you can make 2- 9" x 9" mouse pads.)


{How to}

This is sooo easy. If you have never used double-sided fusible stabilizer, make sure to get the instructions when you buy them at the store.

1. Pick out very pretty fabrics, follow the instructions and fuse the fabrics to the stabilizer.

2. I used a circle mouse pad from IKEA to trace a circle on to the fabic fused stablizer with pencil (very lightly). You can use bowls and dishes to do this with too.

3. Then, I cut out the circle with pinking scissors. If you prefer square, that would be pretty as well :)


That is it. Isn't it so easy and simple? This will make a perfect gift too. I cut out some hearts from the leftovers around the circle, I thought they would make a cute charm for keys or hand bags.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...