Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Link Party No.12 and My Basket Makeover

I love baskets. I have written about baskets, I have done many basket makeovers in the past and blogged about them. If you have been reading my blog for a long time, you might be thinking "enough already" (no, Tea Rose Home readers are nice people, you don't think that way... I hope).

I like the kind of basket that can sit on its own and has handles on both sides, They are perfect for making over to handbags. I find them at yard sales and thrift stores, but to find the ones that I like that are in a good condition is very rare.

Going back to the basket makeovers... I will share my past makeovers. I added lining, lace, pom-poms, ribbons and flowers.

           

A while ago, I was going through my favorite Japanese magazine, and an article totaly opened my eyes to a new area of basket makeovers! They featured the very popular designer in Paris, Céline Dupuy. She does beautiful basket makeovers and she spray paints the baskets! I have seen many baskets that are painted before, but when I do a basket makeover, it never occured to me to paint mine. I love the natural colors of baskets, I guess I wanted to keep the original look.

Although, her work was amazing, and inspiring. I felt like my basket makeovers have more possibilites too. I had to try it right away (yeap, that's me, my curiousity won't keep me waiting for long).

This is the basket I just madeover...


Spray painted basket meets Heather Bailey...


 

I LOVE IT!! It takes more time, not to mention the fumes, but I love the results. What a difference a coat of paint makes! To color the basket and sew the lining was such an exciting process, I could hardly wait to put everything togethter. I also made little accesories on the side.

I think this is going to be my obsession for this summer.

Ok, ladies, what have you been working on? Let us see your wonderful creations, and say hello to everyone!

Here are the rules:

1. Please post something YOU made. It doesn't matter if it is crochet, quilt, clothing, anything would be fine. I want to see it! If you use someone's idea or patterns please give them the rightful credit.

2. Link to your specific post, that way it is easier for everybody to find and read it.

3. Please grab the "Tea Rose Home" grab button, and link back from your post. If you can mention the party in your post or place the button on your side bar, that would be great! I want more people to have a chance to come and show off their creation.





0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...