Monday, April 30, 2012

Life ~ Food & Friends~

Mmm...sushi...
I don't know what it is, but I am going through a major "sushi" craze. 

Last weekend, we got together with some frineds, and I was assigned to make something Japanese.
I decided to make some sushi, but real sushi quality tuna has been pretty expensive nowa days.
So I made sushi without raw fish...

From the top:



{Spam Musubi} / You might be thinking "what?! Spam for sushi? What is that stuff made out of anyways?" but, trust me they are actually pretty good. My kids LOVE this. All you need to do is slice the spam, grill both sides on a frying pan until they are a little crispy, put them on top of the moulded rice and wrap them with Nori (seaweed) strips.  That's it!

{Inari-sushi}/ Basically, the tan looking thing you are looking at is a fryed tofu pouch.  It has a sweet flavor; kind of like teriyaki, but different.  Typically it is stuffed with sushi rice, but my mom always added minced cucumber and sesami and that's what I do to.

{Maki-sushi}/ Usually I use real tuna for this, but this time I rolled imitation crab meat, avocado, cucumber, and eggs.  I also made the ones with imitation crab mixed with salt and pepper, and Japanese mayo.

There were French, Mexican (they were very yummy by the way), and Japanese food at the table that night.  Also the company of the friends, love, and laughter.

Oh, that is life.  

How can I ask for more? :)

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...