Saturday, April 28, 2012

A Beautiful Place v. 2.0

I know the blog has been very quiet this past week, but that’s because I’ve been incredibly busy!  You may remember this post  in February where I shared our decision NOT to move, but to stay here and enjoy our lovely home.

house projects 030

In consequence of that decision, I have been making changes to the main living area of our home, as well as working on the front-room-to-office project (more about that here, here, and here).  This has involved electrical work, adding a phone jack, removing siding, putting siding back on, patching sheetrock, trimming windows, and LOTS of painting! 

One day soon, I will have more to share on those topics  Winking smile

But until then, it seemed appropriate to share a new “make a place beautiful” plaque I made for a reader.  She wanted gray, which was new for me—but I love it!  I used a dark gray paint, then distressed it and glazed it with both black and brown to give it some depth.

house projects 031

Today she sent me a picture of it displayed in her home!  Thanks, Rena!  I’m so glad you like it.

photo

 

*********************************************************************

I love to make signs and canvases! Please e-mail redhenhome@gmail.com if I can make one for you!

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...