Monday, January 23, 2012

The “Painted Hive” Coffee Table

Last fall I was contacted by Shelby, who was interested in having me re-do a coffee table for her. She wondered, “Had I ever seen the round table at The Painted Hive?”

Have I ever!

image

Kristine’s beautiful furniture makeovers are an integral part of my Pinterest “Great Furniture” folder!

Shelby brought me this lovely coffee table which she had found on KSL.com, and asked me to refinish it ala “Painted Hive,” although slightly less distressed.

caterpillar 001

The base was painted in a Behr Ultra paint color-matched to Sherwin-Williams “Creamy” paint. The top is stained with three coats of Minwax Antique Walnut stain, and then I hand-distressed and glazed the base to bring a little “age” to the piece.

stairs 034

I love the way the white shelf looks on the bottom!

stairs 029

Shelby also brought me this little pine table to get a similar makeover.

caterpillar 002

She planned on replacing the knob herself, so her it sits—knobless…

stairs 033

…but I think it will be a great complement to the “Painted Hive” coffee table!

*********************************

Linking up here:

Coastal Charm’s Nifty Thrifty Tuesday Elizabeth & Co.
Domestically Speaking’s Power of Paint Stylish Once Again
Thrifty Décor Chick No Minimalist Here’s Open House Thursday
Friday Remodelaholic 2805
My Simple Home Life’s Simple Creations Friday Miss Mustard Seed’s Furniture Feature Friday
Funky Junk’s Saturday Night Special The DIY Show Off
Primitive & Proper I Heart Naptime
Beyond the Picket Fence’s Under $100 Party My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Perfectly Imperfect {Primp}
Simply Klassic Sundays My Repurposed Life
  It’s So Very Cheri
Common Ground  

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...