Saturday, January 28, 2012

Good Day at the Thrift Store

One of my children had a doctor's appointment a couple days ago. After that, I took him to school and dropped him off. By the time I did that though, it was better for me to stick around that area than go home, since we live kind of far from school. It is not worth the drive home if I have to leave right away to pick them up from school.

So, I decided to have a little peek at the thrift store... boy I made a good decision!

I found some vintage pillow cases, a couple of Liberty of London clothes (by Target) that I can use for quilts and such, but I will share some items that I am really thrilled about.. .check them out! (followed by a squeal of JOY)


Aren't they gorgeous?

A vintage tea towel...


Also a vintage table cross...



and, milk glass cups...


Aren't they so pretty? I am most excited about those vintage tea towels and the table cloth. They are in such good condition, and such items are VERY hard to come by.

Every year around September I get antsy because I know there is going to be a Country Living Fair in Atlanta (or Columbus, Ohio). What's country living fair? It is basically a festival-like atmosphere with over 200 vendors and artisans selling antiques, gifts, home décor, and jewelry. Also the events are filled with seminars and demonstrations from Country Living editors, contributors, and special guests, as well as live music, gourmet markets, and more.

Mmm... Doesn't that sound like a lot of fun or what? I certainly don't care for ALL types of antiques/vintage items, but there are certain things that I love, yep, you guessed it right, fabric, linens, laces, buttons and other sewing notions. I am wondering if there is going to be some vendors selling those things at CLF, if you have been to CLF before (you lucky you!) please share your experience, I would love to know!

It is one of many dreams of mine to attend the country living fair someday. Until then, I guess I will get an adrenalin rush from the thrift stores when I find those rare vintage items. ;)

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...