Wednesday, August 17, 2011

More Chicklets

About a week ago, I looked ahead and realized I was almost out of summer, and I still hadn’t taken pictures of my other two children! I showed you the youngest four children here, and pictures of the beautiful farm where I took their photos here.

So last Thursday I packed them all up and off we went to the farm! I snapped several pictures of my oldest, and then…by battery died. Ack. So…we got to repeat the whole process on Friday!

Naturally I took pictures of everybody all over again this time. I learned a few things the first time, so I had to practice some more. The slightly-sepia-d pictures are the ones I chose to display in my home.

This is Chicklet #1 (14 years). Yes, I have a dreaded teenager…and I *love* it! It’s so fun to have a child old enough to truly be a companion.

kidpicsAugust 009

kidpicsAugust 048-1

Meet Chicklet #2 (12 years). I call him “Sunshine,” because he is such a bright spot in our home! He’s always eager to learn and try new things, he’s generally my most willing helper. He looks so much like his dad; he melts my heart.

kidpicsAugust 059

kidpicsAugust 052-1

This is Chicklet #3 (9 1/2 years). He just started 4th grade, and didn’t want to appear too eager to go to school, although I know he was! He’s got a fiery temper, but he’s also the most willing to help out with the younger kids.

kidpicsAugust 139

kidpicsAugust 108-2

Here’s Little Chick #4 (7 1/2 years). She’s my angel child. In a house full of LOUD children, she’s the one I have to ask to speak up! She’s gentle and tender-hearted, and tries so hard to do what’s right.

kidpicsAugust 090

kidpicsAugust 079-1

Chicklet #5 (6 years) is developing into a tease! He wasn’t a very happy baby/toddler—partly, I think, because of speech issues, and it frustrated him not to be understood. Things have gotten easier as he has gotten older, and he’s just happier because of it. His smile brings me great joy, because there were years when I just didn’t see it that often.

kidpicsAugust 151

kidpicsAugust 168-1

And finally we have Chicklet #6 (3 1/2 years). She’s very secure in her position as ‘baby of the family,’ and knows she’s the most important person in it! This little one wants to dance through life…and I want to let her, as long as possible.

kidpicsAugust 184

kidpicsAugust 201-1

Thanks for coming along to meet them all!

kidpicsAugust 276-1

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...