Monday, August 29, 2011

First Blackberry Harvest


We enjoyed our first blackberries from the berry garden this past weekend. 
To say that I was ecstatic would be an understatement.

My sweet Graham joined me for this festive occasion, although we only picked a few berries together before he started grabbing fistfuls of vines and leaves (with a readied open mouth).


His fingers touched their first blackberry and it was a marvelous wonder to watch. xo

There were enough ripe berries that morning to serve with our breakfast -
mmm mmm, so sweet.


I also picked the very last of our blueberries. 

A colander of sweet summer berries made my heart sing.

We enjoyed our fresh picked berries over whole wheat pancakes. It has become our weekend tradition for Mike to make us pancakes on both Saturday and Sunday mornings. 

He makes them mostly for me, I'll admit it. Although I do know that he enjoys them, it is mostly I who think it's perfectly acceptable to have them two mornings in a row... 

Although sometimes, I go out on a limb and request french toast...I know, I'm unpredictable


Pure organic maple syrup completes our weekend breakfast tradition.

xo 

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...