Monday, August 27, 2012

House Hunting

A few posts back I mentioned that in my next home I wanted to create a lounge area next to my kitchen, instead of a eat-in area.  You can read about that here, if you missed it.

A few of you thought that meant I was designing a brand new home to build.  

That is not the case.  We have made the decision not to build a new home, but to buy an existing home and then customize it to make it ours.  So we are beginning our house hunt.

Do you all want to come along with me like you did for my last house?

Here are a few of the homes I have seen so far.  The pictures are from the MLS.
475 South Church Street Unit N, Hendersonville, NC.
This one is a condo, downtown above business.  Kind of urban chic.  We are trying to decide if we want to continue maintaining a yard or not.  Could you live in a condo?

218 Claymoor Court, Flat Rock, NC.

This one is a "stand alone" condo in a golf course community.  It is a single home, but there are association dues that you pay and the association maintains the lawn and outside of your home.

The first condo was lovely, but dark inside.  I need a light filled home.

The second one was really pretty with mountain views off the back deck, but the association dues were higher than we would like to pay.

On Wednesday, I am going out with my Realtor, to look at single family homes  as opposed to condos.  I will take pictures and share them with you.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...