Saturday, March 31, 2012

Wedding Signs

A bride-to-be contacted me about making one of my “Happily Ever After” signs for her December wedding, and I was happy to oblige.

wedding 007

She wanted it to look really old and rustic, so for the first time I did not use an old cupboard door for this sign.  Instead, I bought a piece of rough plywood that was knotty, uneven, and splinter-y! (I sanded the splinters off.  Or they came off in my fingers.  A little of both happened.)

I also made a “coordinating” sign for a display of family wedding pictures (what a fun idea!)…

wedding 009

…plus one for the hot chocolate table…

wedding 005

…and a couple more for other “stations” at the reception. (I love the big knothole in the middle of the “Gifts” sign.)

wedding 006

It was my first time making a whole wedding collection!

wedding 008

I guess it’s good practice for when my children start getting married off…hopefully that’s a few years away for me!

*********************************

Linking up here:

 


 

Center of Attention Deficit Disorder The DIY Show Off
Sassafras Salvation  

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...