Thursday, March 22, 2012

Chippy Enamel Flower Bucket

gina 016

After making the faux enameled stencils, I wanted to try enamel-i-fying something else, just for fun!

I came across this cute little metal bucket at Target for $2.50, and it had to come home with me.

rainboots 011

I primed it, and then painted it with Rustoleum spray paint in gloss white.

It took me the longest time to decide how to embellish my little bucket.  I turned to my French typography inspiration board, and this image from The Graphics Fairy caught my eye:

image

(click on the image to be taken to the source)

I saved the image to my computer, and then uploaded it into my Silhouette software.  After some manipulations, I was able to cut out the words in vinyl.

spring banner 001

I applied the vinyl directly to my bucket…

spring banner 002

…and then I used acrylic paint to randomly paint on “chipped” areas on my “enamel” bucket.  I sprayed the whole thing with a protective coat in a glossy finish.

faux enamel

And now I have an old, chipped, enamel flower bucket!

faux enameled bucket

I kept thinking of that old commercial that said something like: 

“Is it real?? Or is it…Clairol?”

gina 015

What do you think?

gina 017

Would it fool YOU?

Note:  The “green tree” sign project may be found here.

*********************************
Linking up here:
Visit thecsiproject.com
Coastal Charm’s Nifty Thrifty Tuesday Elizabeth & Co.
Center of Attention Deficit Disorder The Graphics Fairy
Someday Crafts No Minimalist Here’s Open House Thursday
Friday Remodelaholic 2805
My Simple Home Life’s Simple Creations Friday Mod Vintage Life
Funky Junk’s Saturday Night Special Domestically Speaking
Beyond the Picket Fence’s Under $100 Party My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Perfectly Imperfect {Primp}
Simply Klassic Sundays My Repurposed Life
Thrifty Décor Chick It’s So Very Cheri
Common Ground {aka} design

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...