Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Loft

The loft has been put back together after the painting of the hutch and round table.  Here is how it looks today.

This is what it looked like before...

All of the furniture pieces remained, as well as the lamps, curtains and bird cage.  All I did was paint the hutch and table.  Added some art to the walls (I will show you what I did at the bottom of this post), and made some new blue toile pillows.

Here is the Bee table.


Edited to add this second picture of the bee table.  The bee looks off center in the first picture, but it is actually centered on the table.




For the "art" on the wall, I painted an old black frame, white and then stained it with dark wax.  The actual "art" is a piece of toile fabric, that I literally duct taped onto cardboard.



I did like the red and black, but the red and blue seem less heavy.  I would like to add a Persian rug in reds and blues in the area too, someday. 


 I think I will enjoy this change.


Linking to:
No Minimalist Here ~ Open House Party
Savvy Southern Style~WOW
Restored It Wednesday
Kristens Creations~Share Your Creation
Redoux~Friday Redoux
Welcome Home,
Penny

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...