Friday, November 25, 2011

Hello, Yellow!

It’s time for a good old-fashioned furniture makeover, don’t you agree? 

I picked up this little dresser at Deseret Industries (Utah’s version of Goodwill) during the summer.  Prices at DI  are a little erratic, but in this instance, it was a good thing!  At $30, it took me about 0.5 seconds to decide this one was coming home with me.

chair 002

I sanded down the top and the decorative backsplash and re-stained them with Minwax Antique Walnut.

yellow 006

I had a can of “oops”  yellow paint that I used for the body…

yellow 004

…and I brushed white paint over the appliques and in the grooves.

yellow 002

I distressed this piece more than I usually do.  I actually don’t embrace the “shabby” style in general, but it seemed to work for this piece.

yellow 003

So that’s it.  Short and simple!  Hope you like it!

yellow 005

*******************************************************

This project was featured at Whimsical Perspective, Sisters of the Wild West, and

 

Linking up here:

Coastal Charm’s Nifty Thrifty Tuesday Topsy Turvy Tuesdays
Domestically Speaking’s Power of Paint Someday Crafts’ Whatever Goes Wednesday
Hookin’ Up with House of Hepworths No Minimalist Here’s Open House Thursday
Friday Remodelaholic 2805
My Simple Home Life’s Simple Creations Friday Miss Mustard Seed’s Furniture Feature Friday
Funky Junk’s Saturday Night Special The DIY Show Off
Primitive & Proper I Heart Naptime
Beyond the Picket Fence’s Under $100 Party My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Perfectly Imperfect {Primp}
Mod Vintage Life  
Thrifty Décor Chick  
Meg & Mum’s My Repurposed Life

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...