Thursday, July 15, 2010

Farmhouse Chic Bar Stools

I looked long and hard for a set of barstools that I could do this with (I was inspired by The Painted Hive)...I would love to keep them, but I already have EIGHT CHAIRS around my kitchen table--that 32 legs! The thought of adding another 12 legs overwhelms my chaos quotient.

They were just plain old faced brown. I painted the legs white, and then distressed them heavily and gave them a walnut glaze.

The tops were stained with Minwax Dark Walnut, but I purposely glazed them unevenly, and then I also sanded down the finish heavily on the edges again.


I used my Cricut to make stencils out of cardstock, and then painted the numbers on. I sanded those down pretty heavily to make them look very well-worn.


I love how these turned out. I don't know why I find the numbers so appealing! But with "1st," "2nd," and "3rd"...now the kids will know in what order you will dish up the ice cream!

Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...